Stay; Please; Stay.
"A semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life."
15.
Rukevwe uploaded a photo of her younger sister, Favour on her whatsapp status wishing her a happy birthday. Rukevwe was my classmate back in primary school.
I remember Favour, she was a bit bigger than her elder sister Rukevwe and fine too.
When I saw her photos on her status I literally had my mouth open she had grown so much, looking all cute and chubby.
And so because I wanted to see more photos, I quickly made a decision to check her out on Facebook.
14.
It didn't take me long to find her, I knew for sure that she wasn't like one of those people on Facebook whose username where in the same line as something like- "Favvy Smallz or Mhiz Favy or ItzMhiz Favour Pounds" you get my point right?
I knew Rukevwe was highly intelligent and I expect her younger sister to be in the same line so I just typed in her name and surname on the search bar and luckily for me she was the first one on the list.
13.
A lot of people tagged her on their photos. I hate when people do that.
I kept on scrolling down she really was beautiful. Stalker much. I know.
12.
So I stumbled on a post, someone had committed suicide. It was a copied post probably the copier (lol I know copier like what the hell is copier??๐) saw it online and decided to copy and paste it and then Favour shared it to her timeline and I couldn't stop the tears that were streaming down my face as I read through that heart breaking, soul crushing, body stiffening poem.
11.
Chukwuemeka Akachi had committed suicide, had ended his life, you know wiped himself from the face of this earth. Never to be seen, heard or touched again.
10.
I had seen this on twitter before, "A Final Year Student of UNN Student Commits Suicide" but I never tried to click on that damn headline and read the story because I dunno I just didn't care I thought to myself no I didn't I didn't think anything to myself I just didn't care. I should have though not that it would have changed anything I mean he's already dead what can I do?
9.
Akachi as he was called, was a highly talented poet. He had a wonderful way with words.
For a second there, I was wondering why he would kill himself when he had such a wonderful gift. I'm not sure if he knew he was like literally the greatest. This got me thinking, you know self-pride (if there is a word like that) is the real shit. Acknowledging your talent and calling yourself the greatest is the REAL SHIT but then it hit me that depression makes you urggg it make you feel small like a baby crab ๐ฆ small and vulnerable and weak.
8.
I'm sure Akachi must have thought about his family before he decided to end it but then again depression will tell you that they'll be fine without you. That they don't need you
"Look at 'em" Depression will say.
"They look soo happy, surely they don't need ya, c'mon kill ya self you got this do oit"
You know I imagined depression to have a southern cowboy accent.
Not the point tho.
sign.
7.
Have you ever stalked the dead? Because I have. There must be loads of weird stuffs I've done in this life sha.
So yeah I've been stalking Akachi since I stumbled upon that Facebook post. His Facebook timeline, his friend's
Facebook timeline, Twitter, basically the internet really.
He killed himself a little over a month ago tho. He drank two bottles of sniper. Sniper seems to be the real deal this days. It must work at the speed of light because Akachi didn't make it.
6.
I wished so badly that me and him had crossed paths in this miserable world. I would have done everything in my power to save him even if it means agreeing to carry his child i.e in my belle
His close friends must have tried their best to keep him alive and yeah dude didn't drown, he was the water I am just stranger from the south-south region of Nigeria.
5.
I don't know this dude. At all.
4.
So why do I bother so much?
3.
Dear Lord, you know I already prayed about this. I asked for you to send anybody suffering from depression and constantly having suicidal thoughts my way. Dear Lord I want to help in anyway possible even if it means agreeing to carry their child-in my belle. Everybody deserves to be happy and led a goood life. Everybody deserves to stay alive for as long as possible. In Jesus Name I had prayed. Amen.
2.
;
1.
They said you came looking for me, I didn't drown I was the water.
.
.
.
This countdown kind of write up was all his idea I mean no, I learnt this from him. Can you learn from the dead?

Damn!!from a funny story to something really serious.You held attention from start to finish such beautiful write up. Keep it up babe!!Suicide is a very sad thing and the way its becoming so rampant these days,God help us all.I also just lost a friend here and I have been stalking his page.Cant even delete his number yet from my phone.I feel like it's still a prank but his body has been shipped to Nigeria already.Death is so terrible!Suicide is not an option! The pressure society puts on you is real tho It just takes God to survive,because you need someone to hope on and put your faith on,that wouldn't fail you .I've been in such situation before.Depressed and sad and not been able to share with anyone because humans are terrible people.All I did and I always do is very to God.He has such a way of comforting people and giving you hope I think everyone needs the holy spirit especially youths of these days to be able to pull thru difficult and unpleasant situation.Nice post once again!Can't wait to read the next!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for you feedback. This comment made my night! Thank you beautiful/handsome stranger๐๐ Thank you Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI was literally stuck to the end. I just love your flow and how you are able to put a dash of funny (laughter) into your writing. Good job...
ReplyDelete