Money Saved My Life (Fiction)
January 6, 2019.
I uploaded the coffin emoji on my WhatsApp status. I was finally going to end it. I had come this far and nothing was working. Ayomide couldn't convince me anymore. He tried his best, I know he did but his best wasn't enough to keep me alive. Death was already bidding me welcome into its kingdom and I was smiling and smiling so hard because I knew that rest is completely assured. Free from this world. Free from mom's nagging and dad's constant bickering. Free from Samuel's constant disrespect. Free from Susan's querulousness. Free. Free from Issac's lies. I was going to be free.
(Buzzz buzzz buzzzz)
Who the hell is this?
"Hello! Is this Oyin?"
"Yes it is"
"What is the meaning of the coffin on your status?"
"I'm tired of everything"
"Shut up! How can you be tired? See, this world is sweet. There's so much to enjoy. Go out, go to clubs, have fun, dance, this life is sweet. Don't kill yourself.
"Okay.."
"Send me your account number let me send something to you."
"Uhm, okay thanks"
And just like Christians wait for their messiah, I waited for the alert but it never came. He didn't reply my text anymore. Modafucker tricked me into staying alive with money and I fell for it.
So is it safe to say money saved my life?

ReplyDeleteit is safe to say yes money saved your life
It is also safe to say I'm the first to comment
hope I'm the first to read🙄
depression is always real but then finding a way out of it is what keeps you alive.
yours is money!
Ficton Sir. Fiction.
ReplyDelete