Nsukka After.
I didn't come with money for okpa or even my anxiety. I arrived at your gates with clinched fists, drenched clothes and a weary soul. I thought about him, surely he must have walked the same paths as I did tonight. Surely he must have seated in the back seat of that old rickety taxi, door nonexistent allowing the wind to carry droplets of the rain into the vehicle. Minsha or what was it called, she asked if I wanted it, it reminded me of you. You we bound to have taken one too many bites out of that snack. I refused to buy some, I didn't want your taste in my mouth. Perhaps I am being delusional, perhaps I am not. Surely, you must have stepped foot in the biggest library on campus. Perhaps you raced up the stairs or took slow paces not minding as your arms remained stiffed by your side. Did you walk past a lot of girls hostels? Bello Hostel? Oyo Eta? Could have, should have. It saddens me that I saw your little world through my very own eyes. Oh how I would have loved to see them through yours.
Comments
Post a Comment