Offline. Books. Romance.
I am writing this 48 hours after I took an indefinite leave from my social media accounts.
For the past 48 hours, I have been able to successfully immerse myself in a few books. I'd only mention two.
•Fifty Shades of Grey by COLLEEN HOVER
• Maybe Someday by JEN STERLING
Both are filled with the normalized cliché sentences and quite a handful of descriptions of the opposite gender that made me cringe with disgust. I only came to the conclusion today that I shall abandon my long love interest for romance novels because they are all mostly a farce. They never happen in real life. Why didn't I know this any sooner? How did I survive through 8 years of my reading life sticking my head inbetween pages of stories that were always blown out of proportion? How am I only realizing this, days before I turn 21?
I never felt this way about romance novel before and I know just the reason for this. I have fallen in love— with an almost twenty-fucking-seven, awkward, too giggling, imperfect and not so good looking man. Something that is almost never possible in the literally world. He has had me at my wits end ever since he professed his love for me. Me, a confused, twenty year old university student.
I shall most certainly venture into other genres. Maybe thrillers, mystery, sci-fi or even biographies. I'm testing my waters here, people.
Hold on
Tf is I shall most certainly?
Fifty shades of grey maybe be after all an enticing and genitals stimulating novel for half of the world's population but it didn't get the cut for me.
Christain Grey was portrayed to be a man that is flawless both in looks and in character and I beg your pardon because there is no such thing. It is virtually impossible for a man to be as outstandingly beautiful as Christain was portrayed. Now, I know that it may all be fictional but come on! At least try to be a bit realistic.
The fact that Mr Grey was all of the aforementioned irked me so much that I never want to stick my nose in the middle of a romance novel as the main genre. I stopped reading at chapter six. And the movie, oh yeah I saw the movie one time but I couldn't bring myself to see it till the end.
-
Now the novel Maybe Someday had me at the edge of my chair for almost six chapters through. The elements of surprise was outstanding, my mouth was literally hanging wide open when Jen Sterling revealed the fact that Ridge was deaf. I mean, who would have thought?? I know I was a bit suspicious at his rather strange behavior when he wasn't responding to any of Sydney's questions and remarks but to think that he was deaf and had never spoken since he was 9? Whoa! I would never have thought of that! A big kudos to Hoover.
However, (That word was used quite a number of times at the beginning of each damn paragraph in the book) the story line was a bit preposterous for me. I like realism, a lot. Personally, I think Sydney and Ridge where more of sexually attracted to each other rather than romantically even though the writer prolonged the sex scene till the very last chapter. Sydney, I know you wanted to screw him, from the first moment you saw him on that balcony playing his guitar, I know you wanted it, I know.
Hold on
Could this be me giving a review??? Wtf
No way!
I've been reading too much!
I'd still recommend "Maybe Someday" for anyone interested in all that type of jazz.
Now, the thing about the almost twenty-fucking-seven, awkward, too giggling, imperfect and not so good looking man I have fallen in love err, I'd rather not say. He doesn't believe I love him because of all the things about him I have mentioned. Because really, why would me, a twenty year old bubbling, lively, university student want to have anything to do with that— him.
I feel it's just how the universe works, you fall in love with the least deserving person and then they become the center of the very small world you created in your head when you were nine years old. They fill up your world with their kind words and deeds and it expands and expands till there's room for more people to come in and then you become a power house, a mitochondria. And I know that made absolutely no sense but I just wanted to use a biology word for this metaphorical illustration.
Thank you, really, thank you for reading this! Haha! xd.

Comments
Post a Comment