ON A THURSDAY MORNING
On a Thursday morning, I wake up feeling grunted. In my sleep, I dreamt about this;
A Pastor walks up to me after church. He tells me he wants go speak with me and he even calls my father to join in on the conversation.
He tells me I am too young to die. He says all the money my father has spent on training me through school cannot go down the drain. He shakes his head, he feels bitter. He frowns so hard that lines appears on his face. Then he says 'we need to kill a cow for sacrifice, otherwise she would kill herself. She would commit suicide.' My father is displeased. He orders that a cow be brought forth for the sacrifice. They do as he says.
The Pastor takes off his shirt and bounces on the cow with a sharp cutlass. There is blood everywhere and surprisingly, the cow didn't rascal before falling to the ground and dying on the spot. It bleeds to death and then the pastor friend says 'She is no longer going to die but do watch her intently.'
*
My phone is the first thing I grab when I wake up in the morning. I press on the power button and wait for for two million light years before it finally shows me my wallpaper; a photo of balloons.
I turn on my data immediately. Navigate to my WhatsApp and wait for all the messages to load. Someone, at 1:06am had sent me an 'I love you' message. I smile.
We sure are not getting attention from the people, we want but we're getting attention anyways and we'll take it.
7:00AM
I type this.
7:16AM
I finish.
*
Photo shot by me.
Yours,
Atoms&Void

Comments
Post a Comment